Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well games that people play in a community..

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well games that people play in a community.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Well games that people play in a community..

Post  Hades Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 am

Now with AoE3 it does have one major limitation, and that being the triggers. As of yet, no one has scripted the correct triggers required to create a WRP (Note, that the ones used in AoM WRPs come from Nottud in addition to vanilla triggers.)

As with AoE3 numbers being higher, that is also a myth. I was on TAD yesterday, with 245 people online. AoM on Voobly reaches around 250 in peak time.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Well games that people play in a community.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Well games that people play in a community..

Post  Lawrencius Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Hades wrote:Now with AoE3 it does have one major limitation, and that being the triggers. As of yet, no one has scripted the correct triggers required to create a WRP (Note, that the ones used in AoM WRPs come from Nottud in addition to vanilla triggers.)

As with AoE3 numbers being higher, that is also a myth. I was on TAD yesterday, with 245 people online. AoM on Voobly reaches around 250 in peak time.

oh really
250 people on TAD isn't more than 50 on AOM?
looks like you passing mathematics in highschool is the only myth here. 11

Anyway 250 people? When the fuck do you go online. I don't remember the actual numbers, but I sure as hell know there is an entire page of games. And I filtered out Deathmatch, Custom Map, PW protected. Also on TAD with "allow warchiefs".
You can go to your AOM:TT and choose amongst 5 games or so lol, or none when it's late night or early morning.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 am

Any numbers about players on AoM mentioned here mean on Voobly, the other AoM server, not ESO. I can believe they get 250, but still. Voobly isn't the best place to expand the clan. :/
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 am

As I type this right now there are 232 players on AoM, and that being outside peak time.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 am

Wait you go on voobly to play AOE3?

Why?
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:29 am

I'd like to actually know what these "triggers" are that AOM has, that AOE3 doesn't have btw.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:49 am

ESO is shut down right? You can't get on the ESO server with AoM any more right?

That means anything AoM related is referring to Voobly now, correct? I am lost here in this topic because no one is clarifying which servers they are talking about.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:25 am

Lawrencius wrote:I'd like to actually know what these "triggers" are that AOM has, that AOE3 doesn't have btw.

I stated the ones that Nottud added to AoM. These triggers are not all implemented onto AoE3, and AoE3 didn't add so many so, AoE3 does lack the triggers required.

Wait you go on voobly to play AOE3?

I used ESO for AoE3, the count on AoM was on Voobly.

ESO is shut down right? You can't get on the ESO server with AoM any more right?

Yeah, it's gone down by accident but they had plans to shut it anyway so left it like that, so it's gone for good. The biggest two servers being Voobly and Gameranger, Voobly seems to have a good few RPers on.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 am

"I stated the ones that Nottud added to AoM. These triggers are not all implemented onto AoE3, and AoE3 didn't add so many so, AoE3 does lack the triggers required."

If I hadn't read that the first time I wouldn't be asking about "what" triggers. So don't just repeat what you said before and tell me what the so important-impossible-to-live-without-in-wrp-triggers do.

The only trigger that is needed is spawning things at the spawn point and turning old men into object? What did I miss? silent
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 am

To make a WRP you require:

Change name in area (Nottud Trigger)
Unit in area
Create Unit in Area
Change unit type in Area (Nottud Trigger)
Army in Area (Nottud Trigger, although since I think this was added to AoE3)
Kill player (Boot trigger, Nottud added)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 am

You don't 'require' any of that to RP on a map to be honest, not even in AoM. You can't expect games to have as much flexibility as AoM did when it comes to trigger modding.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Change name in area (Nottud Trigger)
IDK about this and renaming units is kinda time consuming and always obsolete after like.. the first two RP's.

Unit in area
I thought this was standard o.O I never downloaded nottud's mod and I saw it in my scn

Create Unit in Area
Same as prev

Change unit type in Area (Nottud Trigger)
That's for old man transforming I guess, so that means years ago the "build your town" or whatever it was called, was also made with nottud's mod? Strange? How many years ago did nottud make this mod?

Army in Area (Nottud Trigger, although since I think this was added to AoE3)
That is in standard AOM I think aswell? As you see it being used in the campaign?

Kill player (Boot trigger, Nottud added)
Aren't there like 2 triggers that kill players? player kill and enemy defeated or something?

Anyway I don't get it, to me it never looked like that WRP was built with other triggers, just that it made it "easier" ?
But if it is so neccessary then why not contact nottud and ask if he has anything to do this summer so he can look into AOE3 and a few triggers? I mean he did it before, it doesn't sound like it would be a completely different coding.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:57 am

Don't need to contact Nottud, I can script them myself, although it would take me a while to do so.

Alternatively I could contact a user named 'Elrich'. He's more skilled than Nottud when it comes to scripting and about the best there is still playing, and among the best in scripting as it is.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:48 pm

then do it and get AOE3 WRPable to AOM standards
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Christ everyone's arguing over triggers D:

Anyway i'd be happy to join a clan on AoE3, i still have an old ESO account there that i can use, and all three games (vanilla, warchiefs, TAD) so i'd be glad to join. I miss that game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

Argueing?

This is discussing and asking questions to what is required to get AOE3 roleplayable like how AOM was, and finally who can code those missing "oh so needed triggers" inorder to make it all work.

If I could code in aom or aoe3 I would be doing it myself, but I don't know where to even start, let alone know how to open it's console/source files and what the scripting language is that they use.

Infact this makes me think about the AOM expansion and how it would have been interesting to work on that, but somehow that got forgotten aswell.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:11 am

AoMy? lol, that was a fairytale from what I saw.

Hades, 'I could, I would, I should' won't get anyone anywhere. It's not like you need our confirmation to do something, and we do not need to know you know someone, or are capable or doing something in order to appreciate any contribution you would be making.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 am

In other news, Marvel Heroes is out on steam.

Me and my Diablo 3 buddy played it a little bit, me not so much, my buddy is more fan of the game than I am.

Anyway you can go and download it at steam for free.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 am

Hmmm

Sounds good, my italiano roommate who is a Marvel fanatic said the game should be epic. I think they saw DC Universe and went all retaliation. Razz
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Yankee wrote:AoMy? lol, that was a fairytale from what I saw.

Hades, 'I could, I would, I should' won't get anyone anywhere. It's not like you need our confirmation to do something, and we do not need to know you know someone, or are capable or doing something in order to appreciate any contribution you would be making.

There is a reason why I stopped, and that is due to the fact, that the person who was going to make the models for new units for me stopped playing AoM, thus I lost a majority of what I could do.

As for the triggers, Lawrencius, AoE3 doesn't have any roleplayers on. It would establish a new WRP community, and it would take a heck of a lot of work to get on, particularly when it doesn't do much better than AoM nowadays with amount of people playing.

WRP was released when a good 3k-4k would be active, which gives it a good number of people to appeal to. AoE3 during European times can peak at around 500. I do fail to see where the logic of creating a sustainable WRP would be, and besides, it takes alot of time. If I started it now, the peak may only be 300. WRPs can take years to make. It's hundreds of triggers, the latest edition of WRP reaches around 1k triggers. If a WRP were to be started, it had best be started where a bigger community lies. This is why I look at 0AD. Alot of the people who are interested in 0AD are former AoM and AoE2 players, and the forum alone attracts more people a day than AoM can.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Is anyone else looking to perhaps get Marvel Heroes on Steam? I'm a bit of a Marvel fanatic myself but still haven't played too much of it (me and the style of gameplay don't get on too well), though wouldn't mind playing with a few of you if you have it too.
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Yea, I got it. For a multiplayer game it's extremely solo... No one is chatting, you pretty much do you own thing and see a bunch of clones of heroes running around xD

It's a basic "go here, get that, beat this guy, level up" game, but I think with friends you can form parties and such. I haven't finished the story line, but you unlock more multiplayer stuff to do after. It's profit-fishing game, al these upgrades, all this stuff that you could buy, but don't need. The mechanics are a little confusing to (donate/sell/crafters etc.)

I guess it depends on your taste, I can't be bothered to play it for more than an hour in one go, because I get bored of the repetitiveness, but I am trying to beat the storyline hoping to see something better. I recommend trying it, the first couple missions already tells you enough about the gameplay. I am hoping they will improve the game as it goes on.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Micro-transaction games are always annoying, seems like to be good you simply need to spend the most money Sad All I want is to be The Punisher.

Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:00 am

You get heroes sometimes as dropped loot from supervillians, but I'm not sure what is triggered and what is just chance. I started with Storm and got Hawkeye.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 am

Oh I got Hawkeye too (started with Daredevil), I guess he's standard quest reward.
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next