Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

+7
Yankee
JayMan1229
Lazuli7
Lava
Hades
Lawrencius
.Yankee.
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology Empty Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

Post  .Yankee. Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:53 am

Seeing as HoR moved to this forum and the members should slowly be coming on here... (Hades, did you actually send the email/newsletter to everyone?)... I think we should start writing in the HoR section so the members see that it is rolling.

I was made aware of a good idea. We should start arranging WRPs on AoM. We are a Roleplaying clan and the main reason each member joined was to RP with the rest of the clan, which hasn't been going on. Its better than us going on AoM, seeing 100 people, 2 games hosted and our friends list showing 3 people who we never talk to anyway. -Glares at Codie-

From what I have seen, the best way to do that is for everyone who wants to play and knows when they will be on to state the time (GMT +/-) and day. Anyone who is also available and wants to play then just says yes. If you can't, then don't. We don't need a long justified speech why you are inactive for one day. -Winks at Hades-

I mean, what else could you do? This hasn't worked out in the past, I mean the UCA standoff fell through twice. 11 The only thing required is for the people on here to not be lazy and the good RPers are not really lazy anyway, so it also filters the crowd and offers better games. I would also rather do no WRPs anymore unless my time invested is quality time. Since anyone can state a time and date, and everyone, even guests can see it, it also is better than saying, "WRP every Tuesday at 7GMT." This way, different people have a chance to play whenever they can.

I guess I could offer the first date. Friday the 24th 7GMT. Anyone available?

Last edited by Yankee on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

.Yankee.

https://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology Empty Re: Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

Post  Lawrencius Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 am

Because GMT 19:00 is not 19:00 all over the world, here's a grid for people unfamiliar with their exact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just do the math and voilĂ  Smile

Also it's first come first served, but atm I'm not expecting a fully booked restaurant for the evening XD

If anybody has recently finished a (completely working) remodelled WRP map, please donate ;P
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology Empty Re: Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

Post  Hades Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:19 pm

@Yankee we did this on the old forum, except it was a private message thing >.<
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Yea, and that worked out well...

I don't want to keep it exclusive.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Friday the 24th... I can do Friday I Think but not saturday.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 am

No one said anything about Saturday, but thanks for the extra information. Razz

To keep the chain of bonus info going, I am never on on Saturdays. Rolling Eyes

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

Yankee wrote:Yea, and that worked out well...

Any HoR members/ clan friends got the pms :p
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm

It still requires the people to not be lazy. Excluding the big amount of inactives on the last forum, not that many people really cared. This is why I thought we should sift out the HoRs and reduce the list to the ones who register on here in HoG. Seeing as that fell through, HoR is pretty scattered now. I forgot to send the email on the HoR forum, I should be able to do that tonight if I get the chance. There are still quite a few people active. Those people should be HoRs, not the ones who haven't been on in years.

From my perspective, Hades, you are neglecting HoR. Your one liners on the forum to assert your influence doesn't really help much either. Neutral

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 am

Hades wrote:
Yankee wrote:Yea, and that worked out well...

Any HoR members/ clan friends got the pms :p

I never get ANY e-mails EVER

the only e-mail I ever got were the ones really long ago when I quited AoM and you were asking where I've been.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 am

Exactly, thank you.

I told Hades, when he was still the only admin on the HoR forum, to send an email/newsletter through the forum to all the registered members notifying them of the move to this forum. Those introductions we put on the other forums and on the HoR forum about a "new era" and stuff was actually that text. I told you if you don't have the time to make me admin so I can take care of stuff. You actually told me you sent it, if I remember correctly, that is why I stopped saying anything, but seeing as I or Zwet never received anything, then I guess it was never sent. I will write one, but without all the philosophical drama shizzle. Short and sweet, otherwise the lazy bums who were in the old forum will just go tl;dr on us.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 am

Just to note I am away until Saturday as stated in the absence forum.

As for the newsletter, maybe you can figure that out, as I did receive one but seem to be the only one who did - hence why I posted a news topic.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 am

Don't worry, I will see if it works, but to do that, I have to write the email. Wink

I sent it with your email, Hades, so I could see if I would receive it, which I did.

I can't wait to see the effect. Better yet, I can't wait for the feedback! xD

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazuli7 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 am

Hello, guys I am back I left a topic in the General area i think it was on of HoG or something like that. explaining everything, check it out. my AoM username is dwarfman09 just so ya know.

Lazuli7

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 am

Ok well.. I've waited it out till today and I'm deciding not to risk wasting time by participating in this RP event and then nobody showing up. The IRL is outweighing the fact that "nobody really is participating, so cba to bother". It's not making me upset that people can't play on this particular day, but lol.. is it this hard to say a plain Yes I can or no I'm busy that day. Replying in this topic was never really intended to be a personal interview n shit. Stay the fuck on-topic already.

So yes I'm disappointed in both community and Hades. Apparently it's too hard for some bozo's to spend 5 mins making an account and keep theirselves updated by checking the forum every week, I know the point in clans is making fast games and not bullshitting on fora, but damn it, this is a RP clan, how did you expect to organise 6 + - people online at the same time on the same day and have quality RP?
This brings me to the conclussion that it's very possible that the lack of proper time investment to filter out decent RP / clanworthy folk is the cause of these matters of sissyness. You got to know how to recruit, Hades. Idgaf if that means you only have 10-20 members max possible. Nobody good at RPing wants to bother spending 30 mins of their lifes to see immature clanmembers with tiny dicks ragequiting or random GTGing.

If you weren't such a dick on people's ideas when they are trying to kick the life back in this joke of a community website THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE your "child", then just NO. HELL NO. Give Yankee some slack.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 am

Lazuli7 wrote:Hello, guys I am back I left a topic in the General area i think it was on of HoG or something like that. explaining everything, check it out. my AoM username is dwarfman09 just so ya know.

Don't put messages like this in random topics, if you placed a topic, people will read it don't worry. Oh and welcome back
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Lawrencius wrote:Stay the fuck on-topic already.
Put this on my Arranged WRP section why don't you. Wink Razz

I joke, this topic already took a birdwalk. Too bad you won't come, but I hope you still check in at that time, if you can. Lava and I can make it. I bet others will be on then like tigrul and TWIvIWT, which will be fun to troll again xD

No seriously, there is a chance that a few other people from here will come on. They might see it and just make sure to be on then. Like I said, I hope you still check in to see, it couldn't hurt.

Lawrencius wrote:Give Yankee some slack.
Slack? On here? In this forum? In HoR? In fact, I think I could actually use a belt. 11

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am

Well Zwet, you were right. No one was there. Not even Lava. The only one I saw was ScipiotheRome and he is only on because he is actively on AoM.

This is why I don't see HoR getting anywhere. Especially since there is no game that we are to move to. HoR will probably die with ESO. HoR is a pivotal part of HoG, so this system is really working out great. I doubt I am the only one who thinks this. Its probably why we have so many inactive members.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm sorry Yankee Sad I wasn't able to get online, Too busy getting stuff ready Neutral Either way, I'll see you all in 5 days.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

Will probably be on during the week so give me a heads up when any RPs are hosted (pms go straight to my phone) but will definitely not be on during weekend for an RP, I am thinking atm about hosting Wednesday around 7PM GMT if I am at home.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Unless I get last minute plans then I will be hosting 8pm GMT tonight... If its too late speak now and I'll do it an hour before :-)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:34 am

Hour before if its still convenient for you.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:36 am

Yep still convenient... If I'm not on nudge me on here or on steam Razz
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 am

Just a head's up, I can only get on untill 10 PM now as my mum has night carers for my brother. I can stay on at weekend's though.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology Empty I was excited when I read this thread.

Post  JayMan1229 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 am

Do people still WRP on Age of Mythology?? I really enjoy doing it, but I wasn't sure if the hosts still ran online for it, considering I could never get online. Please tell me if people still WRP on there!

JayMan1229

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 am

^lol. What's your AoM name?

From what Lava told me yesterday, none of the higher-ranked HoRs are on AoM, or at the very least, seldom. I left before the foundation cracked further, mainly due to the fact that I can't get on AoM in my new apartment. Internet bullshit -.- Also due to the fact that I don't feel like advising the leader of a group where half the people don't give a shit anymore.

Apparently, numbers on AoM are ~60 on good days. If you're lucky, you might get an WRP being hosted. I wouldn't know, I've been out of the direct loop for a month now. If HoR doesn't move to a new game, you might end up having the most dominant HoG clan being a dead clan. :/

And yes, I am fully aware that I am being an ass. My other methods at getting half of HoR off theirs hasn't really been working, as you might be able to see. Wink
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next