Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

+7
Yankee
JayMan1229
Lazuli7
Lava
Hades
Lawrencius
.Yankee.
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology - Page 2 Empty Re: Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

Post  Hades Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am

Unfortunately wrp only exists in a finite set of games, of which I own is AoM, hence if HoR is to proceed it is extremely hard for me to take it further.... But there is one thing I have wanted to try and thats rping on bigger strategies like RTW, but modified heavily of course, RTW2 may be possible due to implementing of viewing your city, it may be possible to modify to control the villagers etc and allow spawning.... If I could manage that, then we have a more political realistic RP place.... But not everyone likes those style RPs so we would need another
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology - Page 2 Empty Re: Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology

Post  Yankee Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

PsYcHo went to Civilization 5? If we want to go into a more modern setting.
Froggy RPs on Starcraft I believe? Now that would be one hell of a jump.
We could always use Voobly or Gameranger, which I remember was the option when ESO shuts down.

If someone had the mind to do it: A tutorial on how to get whichever server HoR has picked, Voobly I believe, make an account, get online, and play with others. That would really help the HoRs who still want to RP with each other on AoM. I wonder who has the motivation to try that out and see if it is successful?
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 am

Well I am not a user of it so it will probably be Mittyho? However I do have a friend who I could ask to do one for us :-)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Arranged World Roleplay games on Age of Mythology - Page 2 Empty Heh...

Post  JayMan1229 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm not exactly an expert in the technical mumbo-jumbo department. Does this mean that there is a good chance that WRPing will be available again?

JayMan1229

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Hopefully yes
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Yankee wrote:What's your AoM name?

From what Lava told me yesterday, none of the higher-ranked HoRs are on AoM, or at the very least, seldom.

Apparently, numbers on AoM are ~60 on good days. If you're lucky, you might get an WRP being hosted.

You should read all the comments and questions directed to you. -.-

The only chance is if HoR moved to Voobly, and not just some of them, but all of them who still want to play.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 am

Yankee wrote: Apparently, numbers on AoM are ~60 on good days. If you're lucky, you might get an WRP being hosted. I wouldn't know, I've been out of the direct loop for a month now. If HoR doesn't move to a new game, you might end up having the most dominant HoG clan being a dead clan. :/

Voobly is already more popular than ESO, and has been for a while now - right now there are 34 plays on ESO and 81 on Voobly, a huge difference xD.

As for a tutorial, you just need to go to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], click the green 'Download Voobly' client, and once it's installed and opens up select "Age of Mythology: The Titans" from the drop down menu on the right.

You'll see a lot of games with 'Join' next to them (mainly supremacy), but if you want to host your own game scroll down past the Join, Busy and Held options and click on one of the 'Host' slots. Name your game 'WRP' and wait for people to join - unlikely unless it's been pre-arranged - once enough people have joined the host needs to press 'launch game'. Don't try putting computers in before you have pressed 'launch game', because it's impossible. Once you've pressed it, it will open up your own Age of Mythology, direct you to the LAN menu (it will do this automatically), and connect the others players to you. Once you're in the actual game menu, just select your computers, gods and then green up.
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am

Ah, So that's how you host non-supremacy games. To be fair StarCraft is really hard to do RP's on due to the fact the maps are generally pretty small and as for civ 5 i cant say
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:04 am

Yeah, I don't think StarCraft 2 is a brilliant option for WRP. Cool

I don't have Civ 5, so can't say much there xD
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:25 am

Thank you Mittyho, I might install Voobly this weekend and see if AoM works through it. I hope I can remember my account details. Razz

I know Voobly is now more popular, right when I left it was 50/50 and Voobly numbers I think were steady, while ESO numbers generally kept decreasing.

Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 am

I know agentadkiller moved to anno 1884 or whatever it is Razz
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:29 am

Yankee wrote:Thank you Mittyho, I might install Voobly this weekend and see if AoM works through it. I hope I can remember my account details. Razz

It should work if your problem is connecting to ESO, because it connects via a LAN connection. Very Happy

Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Anno is an RTS But is more realtime. Not to mention the game play is modern and one game is like 6 hours...
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 am

If you've tried yet, did you get Voobly working from your dorm Yankee?
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 am

I didn't try yet. If HoR is still mainly on ESO, then I am not going to bother with it until it's worth it. I am really busy at the moment.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 am

we are ESO based
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 am

Yes, Hades, that's still an obvious fact, otherwise it would have been noted on here that HoR moved to Voobly to salvage the remaining members.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 am

Yankee wrote:I didn't try yet. If HoR is still mainly on ESO, then I am not going to bother with it until it's worth it. I am really busy at the moment.

I was answering that Wink
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 am

Those are three statements. Neutral
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 pm

WRP tonight around 4-5 GMT, me and Lava are in and possibly Tennis
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Got an email from HoG, that was surprising.

Black_Knight wrote:please spread the word that im back and im looking for poeple to play wrp
Anyone still checking in on AoM once in a while? I'm back home now, but I am busy with work and revision, I would come on if I knew there were enough people ready to play a WRP or two.

Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  derusselt Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:24 pm

im always up for somme wrp, but we goot plan this so we got enough ppl Smile
derusselt
derusselt

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Ninja etc still plan, but due to time I am no longer able to, Lava has a broken computer and a few others have similar issues
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm

WRP today at 7PM, solved a scratched disc etc but my computer is being unreliable and took a good 45 minutes to run all today, so be prepared for the unexpected Neutral

Oh and my Voobly name is: HoRBSUDoLhades
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next