Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dat Banner

+2
Mittyho
.Yankee.
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dat Banner - Page 2 Empty Re: Dat Banner

Post  Yankee Sun May 26, 2013 1:58 am

^Man, where did you suddenly come from? I need to get steam working again. Razz
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 am

Anyone still up for doing this?

My friends in computer design etc and could easily do something for us, I'll ask him some time, he designed my Theatre Company logo (Or at least it's YouTube animation)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Hades, you need to go on the admin panel and post the dimension of the banner area so you don't end up with people making some crap that won't fit because it's the wrong shape.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Sun May 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Yankee wrote:^Man, where did you suddenly come from? I need to get steam working again. Razz

You and Hades hardly use steam?
I also thought this clan was as good as over, for the aom part, but apparently I just had an e-mail about this forum the other day so I decided to come and check.
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun May 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Yea, exactly, that is why I need to get it working again. My external hard drive is broken, which had all my steam related stuff on it because I wanted to be able to shut it completely out at will. The system was great, but then my HD malfunctioned so yea, must find an alternative. I've been busy, so I haven't looked it much stuff concerning games lately. Smile
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun May 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I can't log into Steam, I am on quite often but my internet isn't good enough for it to let me in Surprised
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Mon May 27, 2013 7:55 am

Hades wrote:Anyone still up for doing this?

My friends in computer design etc and could easily do something for us, I'll ask him some time, he designed my Theatre Company logo (Or at least it's YouTube animation)

Meanwhile, two replies earlier, one can read I said I would make one, but all of the sudden it is not needed anymore. Funny since I was going to do it, because I feel generally pity that it was suggested in October '12 and you still don't have one.

But yeah that is also a way of saying "fuck off I don't want you to make a banner".
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 am

it is okay lawrenicus we would appreciate it if you made a banner. don't feel neglected I love you
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Mon May 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Everyone who wants to can make one any way they want. Wasn't the idea to vote for one out of the options?

Why the fuck are we still having this conversation after a year anyway? There is more 'important' crap to deal with if you want to keep the forum going than the stupid banner. It's like making sure your hair sits nice while the Titanic is sinking, unless you want to, as Zwet said, "Go out in style.", this sissy-fit about the banner is just stupid.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Banner can be done in a competition, as we did with the last one but this time I need to bother to put it in

Anyhow my friend is going to do it
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 am

Hades wrote:Anyhow my friend is going to do it

Correction: Your friend is going to do one that we will all see before it is decided to be the banner.

If you have any objections to allowing other members on here a fair chance to contribute if they want to, I will personally go back in as admin and become a sort of vigilante on this forum. Very Happy
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue May 28, 2013 3:07 am

Hades wrote:Banner can be done in a competition, as we did with the last one but this time I need to bother to put it in

I think I did cover that with what I said.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 am

Then be consistent with your posts, that was always one of the difficulties with them. <.<
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Yankee wrote:
Why the fuck are we still having this conversation after a year anyway?

Infact
That on it's own as a question, not with the other things you said in your reply, just that sentence in it's own right, is the most important question you could ask onto everything about this clan.

Why people, are things like that happening?
I'll tell you why...

Because everytime you bother about anything important or unimportant, it gets a poopy topic and after a lot of brainstorming, it gets thrown away in this clan's seemingly bottomless pit of forgetting.

This is why I'm so fucking stupified by getting a random e-mail about this clan and it moving to this forum, while I already knew that 1 year ago + an e-mail at the same time (weird right?) about me having an account activated all of the sudden at that site where multiple aom clans go.
When I forgot about everything in the first place since I have been out of this clan for months. Just so to come back and see this clan hasn't expanded at all.

Theres never been more than like 5ish people on this forum contributing and making fat topics and/or replies.
Democratically speaking, since this ain't North Korea, it means every person who does try to give a care, should have a say in it. A bigger say atleast in clans that have more people shouting out their voice. And thrust me on this I been on bigger trains than this -snort-

Didn't see that happen yet though. It's all wasting one's time cause whatever you invent, Hades comes up with some excuse why not this or why not that.

So yeah I completely abused this topic, cause if you have 1 working eye and about 2 grams of working braincell you can see my point, and I think it is worth noting this down, and remembering this once and for all:

Wanna have a community and help making something to be proud of Hades?
Expand, play games, recruit, play games, have fun, play games, listen to your people -> great gaming community.

Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri May 31, 2013 3:35 am

Didn't see that happen yet though. It's all wasting one's time cause whatever you invent, Hades comes up with some excuse why not this or why not that.

And please tell me where I have done this on the topic?

Wanna have a community and help making something to be proud of Hades?
Expand, play games, recruit, play games, have fun, play games, listen to your people -> great gaming community.

And perhaps you could tell me the last time you played AoM. I DO play AoM and I do enjoy playing with my clan mates, and those outside. I try to host games regularly, and I do try to recruit, moreso with HoW than HoR. The fact is, it is quite a hard enviroment to recruit now. Most users on Age of Mythology have left, the only hope to bring AoM back to life is to appeal to the few who check back, and if they enjoy coming back, then they may stay for a bit - or even a while. Regardless, I am not so interested in that aim, the aim of HoR is to try and keep the community on AoM going, and I am sure every member of this clan shares that view. I do try to keep a community going, but I am a busy man. We all have real lives, and some of what you ask does bear down too much to ask right now for me. I've had to give away my leader role to keep HoR running, as I really do not get the time.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Fri May 31, 2013 3:50 am

I think the issue he is getting at about expanding is the fact that your still discussing HoR as if it were limited to just AoM. Voobly is not a great source of clan recruits, especially since now with the HoG idea, HoR really shouldn't be limited to one game. :/
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri May 31, 2013 3:58 am

Well for HoR to expand we need a WRP to be created on another system.

I do actually have an AoE3 WRP I began, which gives the prospect of AoE3 open but it is late to begin making a move there as the numbers are decreasing there.

Minecraft would be an excellant choice, if I can get my laptop running it, then I shall see what I can do (No Guarentees, my internet is shit)

0AD is, as I said prior, the current choice of game to make a move for both HoS and HoR onto, as it could easily accomodate both systems. It has an editor superior to that of AoMs, just it will take a while to create a WRP on 0AD, but it is worth a try to see if we could get people playing it - most of 0ADs fanbase are AoE1, AoE2 and AoM players, which also gives the prospect of finding former WRPers.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri May 31, 2013 3:59 am

In fact, no more discussion on the games topic. We need to return to the topic at hand.

Mouwsey created a good topic for it, so just move the discussion there.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 am

the new banner is an interesting choice
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri May 31, 2013 9:42 am

Are you really this dumb, or are you acting? Acting is the perfect idiot's profession.

That bastard!

Don't give a shit about the banner, I'm not changing that back xD
The quote however? I'll find you and I will kill you.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:04 am

Just a little fun, but your reply is proving our point. You won't even erase the banner so new people coming don't see a bunch of crap upon arrival. It would take you 10 seconds to erase it but either you're too lazy or you don't care about the 'image' of HoG, if it even has one at all.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

Hades can't change the banner since he is not the founder.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 am

I made him an admin on this forum, he can change everything he wants, Lava.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 am

I was speaking to him about it earlier. He tried to, but only the "creator" or "Founder" can change it.

Note: I like the way the arguments started after lawrencius' third or fourth post.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 am

I'll hear it from him. I am sure he has the ability if he looks in the admin panel, because he set most of the colors in the forum, which is display management, so there is no reason as to why he wouldn't have picture management either.

If it shows @Hades when he chats on the homepage, he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum