Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dat Banner

+2
Mittyho
.Yankee.
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dat Banner Empty Dat Banner

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 am

No offence to whoever wrote it, but the quote on the banner makes no sense.

Is it open to changing?

Back to top Go down

Dat Banner Empty Re: Dat Banner

Post  .Yankee. Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:50 am

I put up the first thing I could think up. If it doesn't make sense it's probably because you must've interpreted it wrong, or not at all. I found that quote drifting on google. I think its from some gaming franchise CEO, but I understand what its supposed to mean, so I guess that's why I see no problem in it. "No offense, but it doesn't make sense." <-- Laughing Sorry, that's a funny paradox. None taken. Wink

I actually had a reason for commenting: Only Hades and I saw this, but the banner can only be a certain size to fit there, unless you change the height and width of the forum borders, which I am not sure you can do. I don't remember the size, but the height is only from the top of the banner on there now to the bottom of the "Welcome to the community..." text and then only wide enough to reach those red sides. If you choose on making another, you might want to make sure the proportions fit, because it might get cut off, like my first idea did. Razz

But why ponder about a decorative change when this forum is still undergoing structural changes before having a healthy amount of members. Rolling Eyes

.Yankee.

https://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am

I meant more the quote. Maybe we could have a kickass banner with screenshots from each game represented on the forum (AoM, BF3, The Elder Scrolls Series etc.) with a really good quote on it?

When i play games, I don't see myself :p They give me an alternate reality, where i can be what i want, do what i want etc... Find that the most in Skyrim to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 am

That would be cool, but only two games are represented, because the HoG hasn't gotten anywhere yet. HoG's priorities should be somewhere else... Structural, practical > decorative, menial.

Elder scrolls series isn't represented here, and it won't be, at least not by me. If I happen to make a clan, it won't start with Ho@, but that doesn't mean that if the clan gets anywhere and HoG is still running in mid 2013, that I won't bring the members here. Smile

The quote can be interpreted in different ways. Every person plays different games. The types of games and which specific games a person plays tells something about them, which reflects individual personalities in some way, ergo, looking into a mirror. You might see an alternate reality where you don't see yourself, but in each game, there's one, if not more, qualities that you keep showing during gameplay, whatever it may be. Who the fuck cares about the quote anyway, there aren't even enough people on here for one sustainable clan to care, let a lone a union of clans, which brings me back to my first paragraph. Rolling Eyes

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 am

Ahahaha, you're right about the 'sense' spelling, sorry about that. . . for some reason I've always imagined 'sense' to mean just touch, sight etc. and 'sence' to mean 'common sence'. Oh well, I guess it's better to have made the mistake here rather than somewhere else Embarassed

If you want to create a better banner - or if somebody else wants to - I don't see why we shouldn't have a vote between the two. There's nothing to lose either way, but I really don't want to bother making one myself geek
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 am

Which is good, I assume you have better things to do. Which is why I voted you to be my SA successor. Wink

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

I agree with the banner changing, I believe it was suggested previously and I think a competition should be held for it ;-)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am

I like how the fact that HoG is doing shit just blew over and you are basically deciding whether or not to vote to make a new banner, which will then be voted on. We got as far as making the banners in the HoR forum (which is where it was previously suggested, not on HoG). Neutral

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 am

Yankee, The Elder Scrolls is represented here, hence there being a Heroes of Tamriel.

When will all the members from HoR be moving over here?

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 am

I removed the HoT Usergroup before making this username. Thanks for bringing it to my attention that I forgot to remove the forum section. No it is not represented here because I was planning it for next year. It was never represented, it was just a thought and the section was made to make the empty HoG look like it had some content, similar with the HoC and HoS sections. Now it is on hold until I decide how I want to approach the idea. Depends on the time. If anyone wants to make an Elder Scroll clan, be my guest, then it will be 'officially' represented on HoG.

Yes, when will all the active HoR members move here?
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am

Uhh that depends on them checking their emails, the users I expected to be most active aren't all active (lava for example)

Technically HoS is an in use clan, with me and codie as only members, codie leaving HoR would be a good indication to him leaving HoS, so it has no leader but the clan exists on AoE3. HoC is a scrapped idea, at the time it would have worked, with HoR members in general being CoD fans, but now they are mainly battlefield, halo resistance fans etc, which aren't covered by HoC (Halo and resistance arguably)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

What's your point? I see no members in the HoC and HoS groups other than you and there are for sure no topics in the forum sections. They are there to make the homepage look like it has more content...

Don't worry, if I was in your position, I wouldn't know how to resurrect the clan either...
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:44 am

On topic:
FieldMarshall are you going to make a banner, and will anybody else have a go? I want to see how effectively AoM can be combined with Battlefield tongue
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 am

I could try to make a banner, i guess. I'd have to search up some screenies though, but that'd probably cause a copyright infringement or something. I (and i imagine, Hades and whoever plays it) have plenty of AoM screenies bit none of Battlefield.

And i probably could be a part of an Elder Scrolls clan, but i've only played Skyrim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:43 am

Lawrencius and I were thinking about making an Elder Scrolls clan based on the online game that is coming out in 2013, but not solely on it. You can't make a clan where the members can't play games with each other. <.< The clan was also based on a certain game-play style, not just Elder Scrolls itself, like the other clans here that are based on game-play styles and not games directly. Our clan will probably be based on teamwork and team tactics. For now, Elder Scrolls is not represented here. Come to think of it, no game is officially represented here, because Hades said it would be a conflict of interest with HeavenGames or game supporters or something like that.

Fieldmarshall, does that mean you will want to join when the clan is up?
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:16 am

Sure i'll join, if i can get hold of The Elder Scrolls Online.

Does anyone know what platforms the game will be on?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 am

I wouldn't worry about copyright infringement, I can't imagine anybody is particularly fussed xD
As for The Elder Scrolls Online, it'll 95% be just computer, as it's planned to be an MMORPG.
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 am

ESO has been confirmed to be released in 2013 for PC and Mac, so for now, it's just going to be a computer game. There is a lot of time between now and then, so I wouldn't look to far into ESO clan stuff right now. The point of bringing the topic of Elder Scrolls up was that it's not actually represented on HoG... yet. Wink
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 am

My new laptop's pretty good so i should be okay to play alongside you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 am

I will be making an entry for this background competition, hope you enjoy it Wink
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:40 am

To be honest hades I'm not as active on here because im not often on my PC anyway. I'm usually on my mums laptop which hasnt got HoG on it yet (I need to bookmark it). Also I'm not on AoM often anymore because no-one else is. Games are few, people are few. If I were to do something active it would be to start an Xbox clan (like hades has a PS3 clan). If I do, hopefully that will bring in a few more members and get the forums a little bit more active. Although if I were I wouldnt run it by ranks. I would simply post the discussion on here and let the populace decide. Mitty could help me with that Smile
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:03 am

PS3 clan is strictly BF3 at this time, if I get more active on Resistance 3 I will consider starting it there too Razz

anyhow, I am the same, I just resigned at HeavenGames due to lack of activity, shouldnt change my time here tho.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks whoever changed the HoR Banner, the new one is very big and noticeable! Very Happy
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:51 am

*whistles*
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 am