Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course)

2 posters

Go down

Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course) Empty Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course)

Post  Hades Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 am

Okay there has been 2 games I have been looking at lately for a possible RP area to play alongside AoM and hopefully act as a second tool.

Dawn of Fantasy, a game about to come onto steam developed by Reverie World Studios (For those who don't know, they are a new team of modders and developers that have hand built an engine, they all exist from Heavengames and even have their own heaven: dof.heavengames.com) The game is unique in the sense it allows ANY mod online, allowing players to have seperate mods of the same unit and it being visible to the other player. The Scenario design is also variable and the fantasy setting lets us variate our WRPs alot. Its actually made by a group of AoMH modders with a couple of AoKH ones too

The other game, 0AD, also developed by HG modders (AoKH ones with AoMH ones) is pretty much developed for the scenario design in mind. It's more varied and has 8 unique civs for us to play around with, the varied units and buildings make it a little more interesting to play around with as well. On top of that, its entirely free - which Dawn of Fantasy isnt (Dawn of Fantasy is hard to get hold of anywhere outside of the US and Canada). Its based around the Roman expansion and holds The Greeks, Romans, Celts, Gauls, Iberians, Carthage, Egypt and a few others.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course) Empty Re: Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course)

Post  Mittyho Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Sorry for my recent inactivity, I've been playing different games/doing different things so haven't played much AoT or posted on this forum Cool

Both of the games look decent, but just from quickly looking at each of them I'd say Dawn of Fantasy looks better just for general enjoyment of the game, though perhaps 0AD would be better for roleplaying.

Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course) Empty Re: Next area to RP at (alongside AoM GR sessions of course)

Post  Hades Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 am

What wuld make Dawn of Fantasy more unique is that we can make everything our own Very Happy

We can mod everything, and other players can see it but dont HAVE to use it, and hence helps us to make everything unique! It allows us to create more flavour Razz
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum