Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm taking my leave.

4 posters

Go down

I'm taking my leave. Empty I'm taking my leave.

Post  .Yankee. Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 am

I joined HoR and made friends, so I'm not going to just suddenly disappear. I cannot run AoM online from my dorm. The only online thing I can't play here, how ironic. Anyway, I am beginning my studies and my time is limited anyway, so on to it.

I am stepping down from my HoR positions. There are multiple reasons. One of them being that from the ~50 members, old and new, around ~10% are still mildly active.

Another reason is during recruiting, the new members agreed to join a clan where the more experienced players would give them advice, but never took it. Many of them couldn't take feedback and with their arrogance, acted like they knew what they were doing. Yea, that's motivating for both sides. I was still learning as HoRC, that shows how arrogant the newbies are who think they know all there is to know about RP. From what I saw, not a lot of the "rules" were enforced either. I say "rules" because everything someone did in the clan was voluntary and a lot of times, the rules were simply bypassed or ignored. If you didn't contribute, you should have been taken out. Simple as that. This is why I removed Grasbal from HoRH after I saw his continuous lazy RPs. The structural ranked members were supposed to train the amateurs. I am not saying that no one did that. I know some did that, but everyone who was at the positions where they said they would do it, actually should have. If they didn't, then they shouldn't be Lord or Overlord or whatever the case. These people stayed up top, resulting in less amateurs being taught, resulting in the recruiting of amateurs that didn't accept criticism or feedback. No wonder Psycho thought HoR is a clan full of noob RPers. It was slowly turning into one. Nothing was enforced. I can't evaluate what it was like before I joined, but I saw what it turned into. The majority of the "experts" didn't have the motivation to teach the majority of the "amateurs" who didn't have the motivation to learn. Of course it won't work.

Another thing. HoG isn't working. Or it just has an incredibly late start. The plans were in motion, everyone was motivated, but where is more than half of HoR? We sent out the newsletter and agreed to strike the unresponsive ones from the HoR list. Better to have ~15 members with ~60% activity than ~50 members with ~10% activity. Other clans figured that one out long beforehand. Where are the recruits in HoW that were supposed to be coming because Hades (and Fieldmarshall?) can recruit? Where are HoC and HoS? Nothing has changed in like 2 months. WTF. If you are not motivated to do it anymore than just trash the idea.

Hades, those 2 or 3 "discussions" that I started with you recently on steam have given me more information than if I had been playing AoM regularly for the last month. From what I heard, ~6 HoRs are still active. Only half of them are on here. Those 3 are Advisers. Didn't one of you think about telling the other three to come on here? Who were they? Scipio, Rangerboy and someone else? It doesn't even matter. I would give you feedback on what its like to RP with some of the lesser ranked members, but its not worth it anymore. Half of them thought they were good and that is why they were recruited in HoR. This is actually what Joystick thought, granted he isn't a bad RPer. I have seen him get better too. Any twat could get into HoR as a simple member. Which is also a fault, in my opinion.

Since I am leaving HoR, this is how it now stands:

I am not co-admin of HoG, nor in the usergroups of HoR and the HoG Council. Hades is the lone admin and leader of the 3 or 4? clans that make up HoG. Two clans are not even in the making, one clan is dying and the other is apparently also having a slow start or did you not tell your clan members to come on HoG? If my information is faulty, its only because there is no one active on this forum anymore to give more up to date info. Checking in once every 24 hours just to see if something was written and occasionally give a response is not active, its just being observant. Activeness is contributing, which is why I am telling you guys what you need to change if you want to save HoR, HoG and lead AoM to its end as an intact, proud clan instead of bunch of scattered people with the same tattered tag on their name.

I will remain as an "HoG Friend" because I do still like chatting with most of HoR and now HoG, if it picks up again. I will still offer my opinion about HoR/HoG things if asked. Hades will have to take me off as admin, because I tried and it didn't work. I am not ranked as one but I can still reach the admin panel. Unless you plan on trashing the old HoR forum, you can remove me as admin and from the member groups there aswell.

I realize you guys might be prompted to figure out what to do about HoRC and SA. I thought about it too, but I have no more say in the matter. I can just offer my advice from what I had to do as HoRC and SA. From what Hades has been telling me about recent situations and what I have seen on the UCA, the HoR forum and my time in HoR, Mittyho should take my place as SA.

As for the HoRH sector. The people in it now are quite inactive. People like Terrae still go on AoM occasionally to just RP. He is always welcomed as an excellent RPer when he comes on and I believe that is why he is still happy to be an HoRH and why it is the reason I was still happy as HoRC. The recognition. That tag/rank still means something. Most HoRHs are not as interested in clan affairs as the structural ranked members and are there just to RP with the clan. It is still a rank with pride because you are one of the best RPers in the clan. It is this reason why I tried to keep it that way. Getting rid of who shouldn't be in it and keeping the standard high. Interestingly, notice how almost no new HoRHs came in after inactivity dropped while recruits were still being made. Mittyho should have been in it earlier, but I fixed that little delay. If you want the newbies to still have something to aspire to, then HoRH should be kept as the clan-politically immune sector that I made it while I was on the UCA. Speaking of UCA, if it ever flares up again, someone just tell Tennisballs to remove me.

You can either keep or remove the HoRC rank and and put HoRH recruits to majority Advisory Board vote. That would make sense, because then three people are evaluating and not just one, even if that one knows what the criteria should be. Keeping HoRC... I have no candidates that I know are both experienced as sector head/leader etc., are active, and can without a doubt keep the HoRH standard up. There isn't anything to do anymore anyway, to be honest, just RP regularly.

You can argue some points with me as Hades tried to do while we were talking on steam. I'm sure I can support mine. I doubt anyone wants to make this into another UCA rant. I didn't put all my arguments down because, unfortunately, its not worth the effort anymore. I hope HoG gets somewhere soon and that HoR can pick itself back up.

.Yankee.

https://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm taking my leave. Empty Re: I'm taking my leave.

Post  Mittyho Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 am

Aww, I thought that someone would leave after this whole HoG thing kind of flopped - was only a matter of time, and most people just seem to be permanently inactive instead of officially gone. Crying or Very sad

Will you still be playing Age of Mythology when you go home for your holidays (assuming you do), and if you do will you stick with the same username?
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 pm

I am going home for Thanksgiving. I don't know if I will have any opportunity then because I am only back for like less than 3 days so I will be with my friends and especially and family and girlfriend. Winter holidays will be a good time for me. I will probably go on as x_Yankee_x, which most of you should have anyway. I have my AoM disc here, so I might try to figure out why it doesn't work if I can. Who knows, I might be able to fix it and then I might be more active, if I have the time in my schedule to be. Smile

Apparently I can't switch over admin or founder rights unless I delete my account and make a new one. I will do that when I feel like spending the time to do it. Razz

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 pm

That's annoying - there should be an option for giving up admin rights, but I'm sure you can be trusted not to trash the forum you created Razz
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I just want the cool, independent, green name. XD

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 am

I'll try not to get too jealous Cool
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 am

Well it was good to have you around Yankee, you changed alot within HoR, but HoC and HoS I had already answered you on, HoS was actually Codies duty, as he left HoR he effectively left HoG and he did not sign up here anyhow, so theres no one to run HoS at this time. HoC I was not the leader of either and was simply looking for a placeholder, someone to run HoC. As for HoS everytime an update comes out on BF3 it knocks me off being able to play it for quite some time, so recruiting depends on how quickly I can get it updated, it has taken me over a month to find the internet to do so as I can now announce I will be back on BF3.

One thing I must point out: "Nothing has changed in like 2 months." - This absence was made well aware of before it happened, college is now the thing that interferes me from doing anything.

Anyhow, as for continuing the clan I will call a re-appoint with Mittyho taking the new post of SA, and the HoRC does not have any candidates due to the fact that the HoRHs have not been active whatsoever, even on their original accounts and smurfs. Although I no longer think the HoRC rank is necessary and could be added as an advisory privellage, this we can vote on as I will start up a poll during the week. Mittyho we will need a new Advisor, if I can catch Scipio or Rangerboy on ESO I will get them on here.... but they are hard to find Neutral

Anyway, with this it is probably a good idea to appoint someone to fill in my position, for those who are unaware, I will very likely be going to drama school next year, and what Yankees probably doing hours wise is nothing in comparison to drama school. All official drama schools in the UK do Monday - Saturday 9-6, only Sunday and Holidays off. Of course with this I cannot actually use Sundays as I would need to work on sundays to be able to pay debts and for food.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 am

Since when are you the only reason why "nothing has changed in like 2 months."? It has to do with each cog of the clan contributing. I don't solely blame you, Hades. I blame the HoRs who used a name, but didn't maintain it. You have done an enormous amount in your time as well and that has shown. That doesn't mean you, or any of us, haven't made any mistakes during the time.

"what Yankees probably doing hours wise is nothing in comparison to drama school. All official drama schools in the UK do Monday - Saturday 9-6, only Sunday and Holidays off."

Ouch... jumping to conclusions is quite the habit of yours. I'll have you know, in biological sciences, we are expected to read and study 5-10 hours for every hour of lectures. We have an average of 10 lectures per week, each running an hour. This does not include practicals, workshops, exams, and the occasional mandatory tutorial (if we miss that we fail 1 module out of the 6 we have.). 10 lectures multiplied with, let's take the average, 7.5 hours of study/reading = 75 hours per week. Add the 10 hours of lecture plus the additional 5 for other course related activities gives you 90 hours. My 168 hour week is 90 hours (~54%) of University-related time. I'm already only getting 5 hours of sleep each night. The professors call our course a full-time job. The real full-time jobs are averaged at 40 hours per week (23%). Calculated, I am working ~235% (without salary, mind you). I calculated this with some of my colleagues when we were bored during a microscope practical, the most demotivating is the 'no salary' part.

I bet your course is difficult and you might have 9-6 for 6 days out of the week, but I doubt me having to learn full textbooks, journals and other publications about many different categories of biology, while being expected to recall the information (and for 1.1 grades, recall which textbook I got it from) two years later, and effectively retain most of the knowledge for the rest of my career is "nothing in comparison" to what you do. We could also argue the importance of what we both do, but I don't want to go there, I would rather sleep. Smile

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Ahaha, I'm very proud to say I do almost no work, have a very relaxing time and get plenty of sleep almost every day Very Happy

Anyway, thank you both for appointing me to SA - I'm not sure who else will come on to fill the gap of advisor though. . . I saw HoR_Lord_Trist (using the account 'tristan') the other day, so next time I see him I'll get him to sign up here, even if just to bulk the numbers up.
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I also have textbooks and extra reading, plus script learning and extra rehearsals to do. Include the networking we have to do outside as well.

And trist hasn't passed tryout, he isn't a HoR.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Then you should have said you will be doing as much, if not more, than I am. That would have been plausible, but not that what I do is "nothing in comparison" to what you do. That just makes you sound like an arrogant ass. <.<

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 am

Hades wrote:And trist hasn't passed tryout, he isn't a HoR.

You serious? He told me his main account was HoR_Lord_Trist, and I just assumed he would be telling the truth Rolling Eyes
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

He barely scrapes membership, nevermind warrior, and hence cannot be promoted to lord, if he does have a lord account it's likely from tennis.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:30 am

I looked again at how to revoke my admin rights. Well, in the Founder Tools, I can't put Hades email address in it because you can't use the same address for two forums. 1st Point: HoR Forum is still up?

I would have to remove all my comments and topics which I don't feel like doing, because its just going to ruin this forum to be honest. 2nd Point: This forum still doesn't have a high number of posts to make deleting all of mine impossible. >.>

I came up with a solution. I can change my username to "Yankee Admin" and keep it dormant. Anyone who is suspicious or doesn't trust me to not meddle in admin settings can check the activity from my profile. I will use it to make my new account and then I will render it dormant.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 am

Alright. That will work. I decided .Yankee. turning up in the forums looks better than Yankee (Dormant). Razz

This one has no admin rights. I have the same rights as any other member in the "Friends" Usergroup. Now I won't get all those annoying emails. xD

Mittyho wrote:I'll try not to get too jealous Cool
Are you green with envy? Razz
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Very green Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down