Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Popular RP's"

2 posters

Go down

"Popular RP's" Empty "Popular RP's"

Post  Lava Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 am

Hey Guys, I'm continuing this on from the Previous HoR forum. Yaaay.

So, Vetaran returned to New Rome with Plino, Once there he immediately made changes, Plino was made Emperor with Vetaran being the Vice. Plino was a military leader, and a weak one at that, so Vetaran was left to do most of the dirty work. Vetaran quickly secured vital mines to manufacture better weapons against a new Corinthian weapon. Whilst planning an Ambush Vetaran was attacked and killed (again) by Zethos. The troops with him have returned his body to New Rome.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Popular RP's" Empty Re: "Popular RP's"

Post  Lava Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:40 am

Update!

Town of Colios, Scout's discover a Shrine protected by the norse who believe they worship Loki. The scouts uncover it is in fact Zethos. Soon enough, they go to an Olympian "Sanctuary" Which is more of a prison and they free the Titan of the Forge and Weapons. Zethos has promised him his spear "Deklara" and access to Hephaestus' Greatest Forge. Zethos then went to try and gather allies to help fight the Roman Expansion.

(Yes, This is ahead of times, Corinth has fallen)
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 am

This would of happened around 45 years after Heralakes, the last great town owned by Corinth fell.

Zethos disappeared 5 years prior and hadn't been seen since.

He spoke of how, despite all the efforts, the campaign fought over a long and hard few hundred years, came to an end with Zethos falling, the Immortals (Except the side fighting for Vetaran) spread out once more, unknown of the others locations, and the well being of their ally, Askares completely unknown to all of them (Assuming if Yankee gets AoM back up, and is willing to play Askares, he would of gone on his own journey)

Now however, Vetaran did make an attack on the gods. Poseidon, being a god envious of Zeus's power, granted Vetaran the power to become a full god, and together tried to usurp the Olympian pantheon, however were defeated. Vetaran is growing Rome now with the intend of destroying the Olympians and becoming the only god existing, even wanting to kill Gaia herself, unaware of the effects this would have, as Gaia and Oranos keeps everything existing.

In other news, although Corinth has fallen, Zethos has pledged to fight for all the enemies of Rome, and will likely give Rome a rough few hundred years of fighting. The Greeks are not beaten yet and the Romans have many enemies.

Events Prior to the fall of the Corinthian nation:

Heralakes attempts to claim independence from Corinth but is defeated, Roman presence in the area threatens Heralakes which is now forced to use Thracian mercenaries to survive. It is the last surviving great city owned by Corinth. Corinth itself has fallen.

Zethos outlined watching his allies fall one by one. The Corinthians fought in each village to the last man. Zethos never actually outlined if he would fight for their independence when the time came, his intentions would likely lead to ignoring their independence, as they were a shield against Vetaran.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 am

Ok I have decided due to me being in a shit mood while writing this, to put my mind off things by putting a description of Corinth and various parts of it. Things that have been shown during Roleplays. (Well basically I am overhearing my now split parents argue over who should stay in the house and they are both bringing me into this)

Corinth is a large City based in Central Greece. It's ideal location (And construction of the Corinthian Canal) has caused the city to flourish. The city once was an Athenian town, located strategically to gain a stronghold to keep control of the South of it's borders, but as Corinth grew, so did it's claim for independence. The Corinthian people (Led by Athenian General, Melagius, who was of Corinthian descendance) called for independence and received their wish. In this time Melagius gave the Corinthians time to train their troops. However seeing an open city with great potential for their own use, the cities of Patrai and Sparta, formed a union with the intent of creating a Puppet Government in Corinth, to use for their own devices. Corinth defeated the union, but barely, and managed to learn a great many more things about warfare.

The Corinthian army is based around the Hoplite, much like any other Greek army of the period. However the Corinthians are very unusual compared to the other Greeks as they field the largest section of Archers. The Average Corinthian Archer carries a Recurve bow, while elites (Particularly those who join the Rangers and Marines) are given Longbows. The Corinthians also favour powerful 'Belly Bows' (The Gastraphetes) for use in Ambushes, open warfare and Sieges. They are almost never fielded in defences, scouting or naval warfare. A unit of Archers is normally led by a Peltast. The Corinthians do NOT field cavalry. Instead they utilize the elite Rangers or Marines to fulfill these roles. These are elite branches of the Infantry or Archers, and are equipped with the highest standard of weaponry and armoury. They are also distinguishable by 3 Burgundy spots (In a horizontal line) on their breastplate.

The elite infantry normally are recruiting into the elite Royal Guard. The Hoplite of course forming the bulk of the military, they are normally commanded by Hypaspists. Normally a group of 10-20 hoplites will have a hypaspist commanding. The elite Royal Guard are easily distinguishable. Each has a Wolf skin tied around their back, an oaken shield (Laced with silver) and a Golden Spear. They resemble Zethos, who sports a Golden equivelant of their armour (He picked up the Guards armour).

Heralakes and some of the border villages tend to sport peltasts as a skirmish unit instead of as a captain as it has proven more efficient.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 am

Enter Hadaran.

The 11th Immortal, split into a Shade of Olympus (The voice of Hadaran, and deception of the mind) and a Nidhogg (The body of Hadaran, and deception of the touch), it is the son of Vetaran, and claims there to actually be 20 immortals, 10 of which are the disregarded offspring of the original 10. Hadaran is also claimed to actually be 2 immortals, but other immortals also could exist, as they do not keep check on the immortals having children.

Hadaran took control of the Saxon Fort after Askares felt the traps and tricks previously set, but the next person to enter being a Roman, apparently 20 years later (Although this cannot actually be, another of the mind tricks used by Hadaran) causing traps and tricks to turn the Roman insane, considering himself to be dead, confused and see the love of his life turn into scorpions, later try to kill him and his own father melt before his eyes. He also faced being stranded on a desert island where a tree grew on his face, shortly followed by the cliff growing around his feet and the water growing to begin drowning him. He also faced gates which caused him to walk back to where he began, and the world going upside down and the gravity pulling him into space. Plus also being locked into a tower which was built around him and then crumbled over him.

Yankee, you may of taken 20 minutes doing the traps, if that. Lava, to get through my planned tricks took 1 hour 20 minutes.

EDIT: Also a third side to the immortals war, with the offspring was stated.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

Id like to say it was fun, but I would be lying. It was the most torture I have ever had...

Also Le'res was captured after some bizarre shit just to put it out there.

Note: Hades when I said about an accomplice I was planning on bringing in yankees most hated person in the world of roleplay, but you beat me to the punch.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:07 am

I thought it'd be pain enough to bring it in for Yankee to read, I thought I'd ease it a little bit Razz
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:48 am

The possible last member of the line of Corinth was discovered, an engineer who even in the times of Heralakes secluded himself to create powerful automata. Living on his own in a cave, but crowned as emperor, he formally offered a treaty, he would create automata for the Romans and they would end the war between Corinth and Rome.

Unfortunately I disconnected after that.

The current emperor is Valius the Second, he's a little insane, 20 years of being alone does that to you.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 am

Unfortunately today the RP characters:
H, O and R were slain.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 am

To put things into context, Corinth has now fallen.

Corinth is now replaced by my Saxon RP, and thus merging my two biggest Continuous RPs into one. This takes place 200 years after the Nordic-Saxon wars took place so would be the continuation of Vanyr's Kingdom. The Warrior priests of said kingdom are a mysterious bunch of Corinthian Royal Guard, who have emigrated and offered their services, but being demi-gods linked directly to the immortals (Each time an immortal dies, the Corinthian Guards gain power, thus become powerful as the fights take place)

To make matters more confusing, the current line of war in the immortals stands now at multiple sides:

The Immortals under Zethos
The Immortals under Vetaran
The Young Immortals
The Corinthian Guard
And finally, the wildcard of Le'res and Haldria, two immortals who have split off and blackmailed a Roman legion to do their bidding in secret.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 am

Well, we now reveal that Valius, former emperor of Corinth is also, an immortal. Among the Younger immortals. As Zethos has not appeared in any of my roleplays, although only recieving mentions, his exact whereabouts will neither be stated here, but it will be stated he no longer is supporting the Saxon Kingdoms.

Also, the Roman Empire has lost one of it's footholds permanently to the Saxons at the Saxons are building over it.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 am

Today King Valius was slain by Vetaran, while Vetaran was slain by Harold. Lord Ethelred of Valford is the new King. This took place in the Fake battle of Market Vale where neither side pressed on the other, but was a diversion for Vetaran.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:06 am

Enter the Skyguard and Oriul.

Oriul is an immortal who's home is being destroyed by the Saxons, bent on revenge, she wishes to reclaim her homeland, using her powers of nature to restore it. She temporarily sides with Rome.

The Skyguard is an artifact left by Oranos in England. The Saxons are preparing to invade England so that the Hersir class can claim it for their own. It has the power to create planets and the like, as the user can create the world to their own imagination, and thus each party in the immortals war would use it against each other.

Oriul also, classifies as a whole new side, thus making it a 7 way war.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum