Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Server Idea

3 posters

Go down

Minecraft Server Idea Empty Minecraft Server Idea

Post  Yankee Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 am

Carrying on from the other [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...

I think it would be a good idea to have some confirmed people before the server is started, so we can start quickly and get the ball rolling instead of having just a few people working on the spawn point once it's already up. As for map details, Zwet and I were discussing a possible main joint-project for all the players a bit yesterday. He saw what we were doing on my Uni-server. Basically, so far, we want a spawn point with individual 'rooms' for the players, so they can be able to have some safety at the start, and go do their own thing, it would save them from having to waste 2-3 ingame days build a stupid dirt house to be protected. The second idea was a trading post, something along the lines of each player having Import/Export chests, where each player can drop stuff he doesn't want that others might want, and if he needs something and another player is willing, can drop it off in the Import chest. It would run pretty smooth, given that the players are trustworthy. In any case, correcting griefs isn't the hardest thing to do. I would like to know how to roll back a chunk to a previous time, something might worth looking in to.

With those two ideas, we thought, why not make something like a fully functional, walled in NPC village with everybody having their own little house or something. Would look great and serve all the purposes, plus you can trade with the NPCs for stuff that isn't always easy to find. I know a lot about village mechanics so I would be happy to help with the setup of the NPC villagers.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Server Idea Empty Re: Minecraft Server Idea

Post  Lawrencius Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 am

This is going to be a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:24 am

Well, I will definatly be able to join. I do have the game so, Smile
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawrencius Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with hardly any "big" fortifications. More about how the town will look soon.

Random attempts to search for a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the building that will hold the first nether portal.

How it could look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Lawrencius
Lawrencius

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Since some others except for just us two might still be interested, I will continue with updates.

Zwet and I have set up an area on my Uni-server that is very far away from the survival playing zone. We are testing and building stuff in creative mode there. The spawn point is still a village, but the starting players' private area will be in an Inn with multiple rooms. The Nether Portal will be in a giant temple/ruin thing that we started that is going to be off in the distance from the village instead of a temple/shrine inside the village.

I have MCedit, so these buildings that we make on this server can be copied into the official map if we decide that they should be the final layout. I am also going to use MCedit to make the Nether Portal in the temple/ruin 3x5 instead of the generic 2x3, because that will be great eyecandy Razz I am also, with Zwet's assistance, going to set up some special villagers with specific trade items that I will program using a different software. The idea is to make the village and anything to do with spawn and the main area be very authentic and have functional areas like the barmen sell milk, food etc, the smiths sell certain armors and swords, the prices are adjusted i.e. not just with emeralds. I am also thinking along the line of masons giving items for stacks of cobblestone or sandstone, but that depends on the size and availability of the village, we don't want to make it too easy.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum