Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extended Edition

3 posters

Go down

Extended Edition Empty Extended Edition

Post  Mittyho Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:42 am

Not sure if anybody has already seen this, but it's pretty exciting!!
http://www.destructoid.com/age-of-mythology-extended-edition-teased-for-steam-271315.phtml
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Extended Edition Empty Re: Extended Edition

Post  Lava Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Yea, It's been over facebook. Looks good.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:35 am

I know I haven't been on here in awhile, I've been swamped with university issues. You'd be surprised at how much corruption there is in the management branches of a university.  Neutral 

I just got word of this today and was going to post it on here. Is this actually true? If so, I'm wondering why I can't find any reliable information. I would definitely consider getting this and possibly being able to play with you guys again, maybe even try to rejoin HoR again if my time allows it.

In other news, I was in 3 beta tests for Elder Scrolls Online. Honestly, didn't really do it for me. I was playing quite a bit, there are hundreds of players, the setting is pretty cool, you can make 8 profiles, but the linear gameplay at the start was kind of culture shock from having played Arena - Skyrim. My friend and I couldn't even see each other while we were in a group. I know it's just a beta, but in my opinion, having played as far as I got, I am not paying 50 bucks, and another 15 every month to keep my subscription. Besides, beta profiles get swiped before release. I'd rather wait until they lower their price, even if I did come up with an epic orc name.  Sad I'll probably use it for Elder Scrolls: VI, which to my knowledge was rumored to be set in Hammerfell and Summerset Isle.  scratch

Its getting great reviews though from other testers, so I recommend trying it out. I am confirmed for another beta test, and they are doing stress tests for the servers now, so I might be able to invite friends again. If anyone wants, I can check back and see if I can invite you guys the next time.
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:54 am

Yes, I have played Elder Scrolls Online for the past 4 beta sessions. I don't particularly like the game much and although it's a good idea, I look forward to the technical Elder Scrolls VI. Also I have had the same problem with not being able to see your group mates.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:32 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1z7rrz/age_of_mythology_is_coming_to_steam_finally/ can confirm the validity of the Extended Edition! No other information has been revealed about it yet though, I guess they're just trying to rouse up some hype.

And as someone who was disappointed that they were actually going to make TES into an MMORPG I can say I'm eagerly waiting (no doubt for years. . .) for TES VI too Cool
Mittyho
Mittyho

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankee Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:42 pm

To be honest, the game is great as an MMORPG, I was just never the biggest fan of them. I understand making the game completely free-roaming like in Arena-Skyrim is impossible, but to lose that sense completely. Its like the main areas were within a straight line of each other, eliminating the surprise of any bonus caves or ruins. I did like Stros M'kai though. I'm thinking for the next beta, I'll make a khajiit and see Summerset Isle.

In other news, I downloaded a cracked AoM. ^^ I was able to fix the graphics problem. Compatibility issues with Windows 7 laptop. Who knew deleting one file and renaming another to the deleted one would fix an issue like that... I haven't downloaded voobly again though. Last time, it had some issues that just annoyed me and I am still busy at the moment. I will be home for 3 weeks soon and my girlfriend won't be there for 2 of them. I will get a lot of stuff sorted out then. xD

________
It's showing my own post as a perpetual 'unread' on the homepage. O.o
Yankee
Yankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:14 am

Fair play.
Lava
Lava
Admin

Back to top Go down