Heroes of Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict

2 posters

Go down

Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict Empty Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict

Post  Hades Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 am

Rise and Fall.

An RPG based around modern events, although none of which will be described, the RPG will put you thick and thin into warfare and into the situations of real soldiers. With a political backstory to follow and events that give you the choice to follow orders or do what you think is right, it allows for a varied story in many ways. No nations are confirmed in the storyline, and I will reveal none of it to anyone. The RPG is based around a choice AND stat based style. More will be explained as the game goes on and each character takes turns for a single day. You can also join as a minor nation that might join the war/wars later on or as another solider in the same army. The nation you join will be fighting for the side that you last fought for, and hence cannot contain cheating. Also note you may at some point be fighting other characters.... the losing/winning characters will be determined by a points system, each good decision results in varied points, and each successfdul stat win also results in a point. Killing a character also results in earning a point, and dying is an obvious loss of points.

For those who wish to join please post your email below and I will add you to the game lists. I also require a way to be able to live chat with you through messages, whether via steam, MSN or any other way that will allow fast messaging with you. (You can PM these if you do not wish for them to be public and put a message here saying you have PMed me them)
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict Empty Re: Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict

Post  .Yankee. Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 am

Ok...

1. From what I have seen, the last three attempts at something like this didn't work, especially emailing back and forth. Froggy's attempt was better.

2. How many people are on this forum? How many are actually active? (OMG, we already have inactives on a new forum. 11) This isn't like WRP on AoM where you can play with just two people.

3. ...Damn, I had a third, but I forgot. I guess this topic's low publicity already justifies itself. Sorry.

.Yankee.

https://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict Empty Re: Rise and Fall - A forum based RPG around Modern Conflict

Post  Hades Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:11 am

On HG I managed a successful RPG with but 6 players, and it used emailing AND thread, so yeah, it's been done.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 am

Heavengames?

Alright, lets do the proportion mathematics, shall we?

6 out of ...-checks HG forum-... "269326" registered members. That is about 0.00223% of the members actually joining. Heavengames is not full of RPers, I know, but neither is HoG with its -drumroll- .... 10! members. Now let's take that percent into HoG terms.

0.00223% of 10 is... omg... 0.000223 people! With you as the "host" its already doing amazingly well.

Taking into consideration the last time I watched you try an RPG through email, which I quit for lack of activity, maybe it worked with the 4 or 5 people who were on, I don't know, and Froggy's attempt, which actually worked until it was his turn after 3 or 4 rounds and his ADD got the better of him, I don't think its time to try again, especially on this forum while its only starting up.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

By the way, you should be putting your time into making HoG work, not settling with the low amount of people on it.

Where is HoS and HoC? Only two HoW members? I don't think you wrote an email/newsletter to the members in the old HoR forum, otherwise I wouldn't be finding people who have no clue of the move. I will write the email tonight.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 am

Yankee wrote:By the way, you should be putting your time into making HoG work, not settling with the low amount of people on it.

Where is HoS and HoC? Only two HoW members? I don't think you wrote an email/newsletter to the members in the old HoR forum, otherwise I wouldn't be finding people who have no clue of the move. I will write the email tonight.

HoS and HoC are both in the same stage as HoT.
And check the user count at the individual heavens, the one I used only had 6 active users.
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:48 am

I was under the impression that Codie was in HoS, but didn't want to be leader.

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 am

Yankee wrote:I was under the impression that Codie was in HoS, but didn't want to be leader.

I am unsure if he is or not as well :/
Hades
Hades
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down